We have almost every conceivable box or carton possible for packing, moving, storing or shipping.
Blankets and linens are best moved in larger cartons.
- Identify contents of each carton for easy unpacking.
- Use fragile stickers to identify those boxes that need special care.
- Blankets and linens are best moved in larger cartons.
- Pillows can be packed in dresser drawers.
- Phonograph records should be packed on edge in upright position (ask about our specially-designed carton).
- Books should be packed on edge in a one or two cubic foot carton for easy handling (ask about our special book carton).
- Tape cartons on the bottom (two strips) and top (one strip).
- Cartons should weigh no more than 50 to 60 pounds.
- Pack lampshades in cartons by themselves.
- Do not pack cleaning solutions etc in the same cartons as food items or medicines.
- Do not wrap linens, books, and lampshades in newspaper,as the ink will rub off.
- Do not pack irons, kitchenware etc in same box as china and glass.
- Do not pack heavy articles on top of shoes.They travel well in the bottom of wardrobe containers.
- Remove the weights from grandfather clock before moving.
- If you plan to do your own packing, start well in advance of the big day. This avoids last minute rush and stress.
- Tie brooms, mops and curtain rods in bundles(ask about our special telescoping household utility carton--you'll be amazed at how much it will hold).
- Consider wardrobe containers - each container will accommodate two linear feet of closet space, and are available in either full length or short. They are also perfect for packing draperies.
- Have a garage sale - this will enable you to dispose of unwanted items and generate some extra cash, and there is less to pack as well!